Valley View Christian School - World Class Mastery Learning
Valley View Christian School Story
“We exist to glorify God by building Godly character in our students by guiding them to make right choices that will determine future responses.” Our purpose statement is taken by application from Proverbs 20:11 “Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right.” True education cannot take place unless character building is at the heart of the education process. To train a child to make a living does not guarantee he or she will know how to live. Train a child how to live and the student will have no problem making a living. In short...we are dedicated to an education that is values centered with a Christian world-view.
Valley View Christian was founded in 1981 and is dedicated in seeking to produce students of character with the highest academic achievement. We are a school with grades Pre-K3 through 12th grade with four high school graduate programs. A high percentage of our graduates go on to college and further graduate work.
A competitive interscholastic high school sports program in boys’ basketball and girls’ volleyball is an integral part of the students’ development and host tournaments in our full-size gym facility.
Grades 9 through 12 compete yearly at the Northwest Regional Student Convention in music as well as the full range of academic, arts, and athletic events.
Our dedicated staff has an average tenure of 15 years and a deep love for the children in their classes. Partnering with the parents to develop the whole child is a high priority.
We are members of the Association of American Christian Schools (AACS).
- Valley View Christian School is committed to developing a solid “Christian World View.”
- We are committed to “Mastery Learning.” Students are not socially promoted to the next grade level. They must master the curriculum to move ahead.
- Every child is a distinct individual, as a result ourphilosophy of educationis also “Individualized.” Following placement testing each student is prescribed an individualized curriculum.
- Learning is “Accelerated. “ No student or course is lock-stepped. Each student moves ahead at their own rate in each individual subject.
- Our curriculum is state of the art. Grades 3 through 12 are a computer-based program featuring 3-D animation, and cutting edge multimedia. Updates to the curriculum are made several times during the year and completely new and revised curriculum is purchased every year. As a result the curriculum features the most current information with the most advanced teaching tools available.
- The student’s progress can be monitored in real time by the student, teacher, and the parents.
- We offer over 20 high school electives such as: Health, Spanish, French, Earth Science, Physics, Chemistry, Algebra, Trigonometry, and Civics with an emphasis on the Constitution, as well as group classes such as Music and Art, etc.